A new version is available for the VECTOPOWER configuration software VEConfig. Version 2.2 makes VEConfig much faster and thus more user-friendly. In addition, there are several innovations. Essentially, these are the following features:
- The wizard now supports the configuration of the HDFC function for controlling asynchronous motors
- Some ARADEX motors include motor configurations (motor, current control, encoder configuration) that can be easily loaded into the program
- User-specific views can be saved, VEConfig uses the currently used configuration
VE Config 2.2 is now available and can be downloaded for free.
Complete change log
- The “Finish” page of the wizard shows a summary of all changed I / Os. Here all changes can be checked in detail
- There is a new automation interface for accessing VECTOPOWER and VD5x devices through the software. Most VEConfig functions are accessible: I / O access, firmware download, device control, etc. The interface is based on GRPC and is similar to the libV8User interface of VECTONUM V8
- Watch I / O configurations
- The default configurations are updated. Especially the observation of active limits has been improved
- A new “Default_VP_full” shows all I / Os. This is an option for professional users
- The default configurations are now read-only. The default view is always available, even during other installations
- The I / O structures are now supplied with text and attribute filters. The attribute filter is under the text filter and is always visible
- Better performance
- Connecting to devices, disconnecting and rebooting works much faster
- Filtering in the I / O tree works faster
- Reading and writing .vecfg files works faster
- Also new is a usage statistic. It works anonymously, requires an opt-in agreement and is DSGVO (EU 2016/679) compatible. The usage statistics service can send statistics about how often program functions are actually used. Based on this data, ARADEX can make sure to prioritize much-used functions with additional enhancements. By activating these services, you support a user-oriented further development of VE Config.
- The firmware download function is available directly from the device list in the splash screen.
- A number of standard analyzer configurations have been added to analyze common scenarios (AFE, DCDC, generator, speed, SLC, torque, V / f, DC voltage, encoder commutation).