VP5000 - DC / DC converter for integrated system solutions
The VP5000 product line consists of bidirectional DC/DC converters that allow an optimum connection of DC power sources such as batteries, supercapacitors, and fuel cells to an electric drive system in mobile applications.
The VP5000 DC/DC converter is the practical and highly efficient complete solution for power components – equipped with the most innovative ARADEX technology, integrated real-time control, and numerous application modules. In addition, the VP5000 already includes practical analysis tools, an effective energy management, as well as the necessary accessories (chokes, filters).
The intelligent software and practical interconnection eliminate the need for several other components, since the VP5000 can reliably perform several functions at the same time.
Before installation, the VP5000 can be optimally adapted to the respective system configuration.
Product filter: Find the right DC/DC converter for your application here
All VP5000 products are bidirectional DC/DC converters, incl. ARADEX technology and control modules as well as optional PLCs.
Complete solutions and DC/DC converters: Functions, customer benefit, and application areas
Functions of the VP5000
- Fully integrated DC/DC converter for mobile applications
- Efficiency of up to 99%
- Available in the voltage classes 800 or 1000 volts (higher powers can be realized by interconnecting several devices)
- Minimum voltage ripple of less than +/- 1 pp, which allows optimum operation of batteries and supercapacitors
- Communication via CAN and VECTOBUS interfaces
- Bidirectional control of current and voltage. Controlled jump from 0 to 200 kW in less than 1 ms
- Contains V8 ANALYSER analysis tool, which can record over 30,000 variables absolutely isochronously in real time
- Certified robustness against shocks, vibrations, and high ambient temperatures
- The following operating modes can be implemented:
- Control of the current at the output with limiting function of the voltage
- Control of the voltage at the output with limitation of the current
- Control of the voltage at the intermediate circuit with limitation of the current on the output side
- Control of the voltage at the intermediate circuit with smart DC function (ideal for the interconnection of several devices)
- Additionally in the high-level variant: Charging circuit with relay, brake chopper connection, and additional capacity with HF choke
- Optional: Equipment with integrated, faster than average control that allows control options in real time
- The minimum voltage ripples protect batteries and supercapacitors against high voltage peaks, which allows them to be optimally operated and thus protected
- Optimum design of the DC on-board system: The voltage level is kept constant by precise and fast compensation for load changes. This not only protects the system but enables a comparably high utilization, which allows efficiency and thus cost advantages to be realized.
- More safety: The fast regulation of current and voltage offers increased protection against current and voltage peaks and therefore against system failures
- For flexible use: Simple construction of systems from energy stores that can all work with different voltages, technology, and internal resistances. In addition, the higher-level system can be designed independently of the battery or supercapacitor type.
- Protection of batteries and supercapacitors against damage caused by overvoltage and overcurrent.
- Powerful: Suitable for a power range of up to 1080 V DC and 1560 KVA per power stage.
- Excellent efficiency: DC/DC converters from ARADEX allow efficiency levels of the entire system of up to 99% with corresponding system integration and thus provide maximum efficiency.
- Reduced expenditure on installation and commissioning due to the complete integration of all components in one housing
- Simple design of energy storage systems that can work with different voltages, technology, and internal resistances.
- A stable intermediate circuit makes the configuration of the other power components in the system easier and more efficient
- The higher-level system can be optionally configured independently of the battery or supercapacitor types.
- Compact dimensions for maximum performance with low space requirements
Roller coasters in the Bavarian Park & Rainbow Magic Land
From 0 to 100 km / h in 3 seconds, with over one g acceleration of gravity, the roller coaster drivers are pressed into the seat. There is only a slight buzzing of the drive.
- For coupling batteries, supercapacitors, or other DC sources to a complete solution, bidirectionally as well
- For stabilizing the voltage level of fuel cells
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to your inquiry.